[Kde-pim] gdata support for calendar (bug #125952)

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Mon Mar 24 16:26:33 GMT 2008

On Monday 24 March 2008 14:20:30 Stijn Van Nieuwenhuyse wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 3:37 AM, David Smith <dds at google.com> wrote:
> >  So, I want to make a more general
> >  gdata interface and then reuse it for kblog and also for akonadi /
> > kresource so that Google calendars can be used directly from korganizer.
> > I just don't know where the code should go, especially with regards to
> > KDE 3.5.
>
> I am preparing a GSoC proposal about this (see other thread in this list).
> I think we should exchange ideas about this to be sure to avoid
> duplicated efforts.
>
> As for the integration with 3.5, I have been told in the kontact irc
> channel that
> there is no need to look for implementing a kresource, as there is
> already a general
> akonadi-kresource bridge available.

No, the Akonadi <-> KResource bridge is only available for for KDE4
KResources. Creating one for KDE3 is not easily possible since there is no
Akonadi support for KDE3. Anyway with KDE3 being feature frozen since quite
some time now and being phased out in favoour of KDE4 I don't think we need
to care about KDE3 support here.

regards
Volker