[Kde-pim] Feature Update Suggestions

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Sat Jun 14 03:53:06 BST 2008

On Saturday 14 June 2008 01:00:54 am hvralpha wrote:
> My first post.
>
> I joined this list because I am a avid business user of Kontact and have
> decided to make a few suggestions to hopefully make it better.
This is the developer list - you may want to ask user questions  on the
kdepim-users mailing list
(https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kdepim-users).

Also, feature enhancements (aka wishlist items) should be logged on
http://bugs.kde.org, to make sure that they are not forgotten. Even for the
greatest idea, the developers may be too busy to work on it now, and then the
idea will be lost.

> The first is :  In the listview for kmail, I have sender in the list next
> to subject so that I can see who send me mail. This unfortunately is
> carried through to my sendmail and show my address fir all mail send and no
> way to change this.
>
> I would like to have receiver in sendmail and sender in mail received.
> I think this is pretty basic and a mayour annoyance for users detracting
> from a otherwise great package.
The good news is that this already works. There are three sets of columns -
the default set, a receiver set, and a sender set. You can choose which set
of columns gets used for each folder by selecting the folder Properties (e.g.
RMB on the folder, and select Properties), and then choose which of these is
used in the "Select Columns:" combobox.

> The second is a plea to add general connectivity for blackberry
> specifically, and all mayor business level devices. I also have a palm Treo
> 650 and it never worked. This is the main issue keeping people not only
> from adopting linux after trying and finding it really useful because they
> have to deal with having no sinc between their desktop and mobile systems.
When logging this, please add more detail than "never worked". At least some
problems are due to your distribution/setup (e.g. permission problems), and
it is almost impossible to remotely diagnose issues unless you identify
exactly what you did (each step), what you expected to happen (each step) and
what actually happened (each step).  Please don't leave information out, no
matter how irrelevant you think it is.

Brad