[Kde-pim] For review: Better support of rich text summary/location

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Tue Jun 10 13:14:20 BST 2008

On Monday 09 June 2008 15:27:39 Thomas Thrainer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The rich text summary and location of incidences is not very well supported
> in KOrganizer. This patch changes some methods in order to improve this.
> One problem was for example, that summaries like "Ensure spendings <
> income" are not displayed properly.
>
> Also, I made a cleanup of incidenceformatter.cpp which by the way closes
> bug #163321.
>
> This patch would change the public interface of incidence.h and event.h,
> but kdepimlib + kdepim works fine with the changes.
>
> Is this ok to commit?

A couple of things:
- in the new richFoo() methods, please put @since 4.1 in their apidox

- The existing API is frozen, so I don't think we can change the default
  values for isRich in setSummary(), setDescription() and setLocation().
  maybe you can create some new methods that do things the new way
  and KDE_DEPRECATE the current ones?  unfortunately, I don't think
  we can overload the new way because the signatures will be the same.

- you changed some i18n() strings (removed  ) .. you can't do that
  as we are in a string freeze.