[Kde-pim] KPIMIdentities so-bump.

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue Jun 17 20:22:46 BST 2008

On Tuesday 17 June 2008, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 June 2008 04:43:05 Tom Albers wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thomas and Sune asked to increase the so-version, because of the
> > bic-changes (compared to 4.0.x) we made. Is that simply replacing
> > {changing generic_lib_version} with 5.1.0 ? Any objections? It has
> > to happen this evening, because tomorrow is tagday.
>
> Toma,
>
> I feel bad about this.. but I think you need to revert those dpointer
> changes. They are too BIC.  We can't change this kind of stuff until
> KDE 5 now.

If necessary one could add a KPIMIdentities2 with dpointers and
deprecate KPIMIdentities. Of course, we'd have to maintain both
versions until KDE 5 so this does only make sense if it's really worth
the effort. But before doing so it's probably better to rethink the
whole API and wait until KDE 4.2. Tom could already use KPIMIdentities2
as internal library in Mailody.

Just a few random thoughts.

Regards,
Ingo