[Kde-pim] Filtering in KMail & moves to online IMAP folders

Thomas McGuire thomas.mcguire at gmx.net
Tue Jun 10 15:06:48 BST 2008

Hi Don,

On Thursday 05 June 2008 06:50:32 Don Sanders wrote:
> I wonder if other actions are applied to a message besides moving
> (like marking it as read, or marking it as spam, changing the message
> in some way). Whether those actions will take effect on the message
> stored on the server.
>
> I vaguely (very vaguely) recall having concerns about moving multiple
> messages at the same time. But I guess whatever manages the KMJobs
> could handle that fine. There might be issues related to knowing with
> a filter succeeded or not. If the connection drops out at the wrong
> time KMail might get out of sync and think some messages have already
> been filtered (moved) when really the haven't.
Thanks for the reply, these concerns are enough for me not to enable moving in
this case.

> Maybe none of this is important, I don't recall the details. Really I
> just wanted to write in just in case anyone was curious as to my
> whereabouts or whatever. Sorry I never did find time to contribute
> after the last KDE meeting I attended (way back in Malaga which I
> have nice memories of). I guess that will continue indefinitely.
>
> Still alive here, but looks like I will be kept busy working on
> messaging (email and some IM) for Nokia now with the buyout (and
> maybe a few private research projects of my own,). Should be
> interesting anyway.
>
> Well I guess that's all, best wishes to everyone, especially those
> I've exchanged emails with and met in person,
Good luck with your job, sounds interesting, especially seeing that you are on
an email-related project again.
I'm sorry to hear that you don't find time for KDE, but that happens to most
developers sooner or later. I think I'll move your status in KMail's about box
to "former maintainer", OK? That list reads like the how is how of KDE by
now...

Best wishes,
Thomas