[Kde-pim] Patch for KMail : unification between KMail tags and Nepomuk tags

Adrien BUSTANY madcat at mymadcat.com
Tue Jul 29 13:01:40 BST 2008

Hi there,
I wrote a short patch for KMail which improves the Nepomuk integration.
It's all ifdef'ed, so the non-nepomuk behaviour stays the same. The
patchs cleans the tag manager a bit too, making it more robust (no more
MessageTag #).
What it does is to use Nepomuk as a backend for tags, instead of the
KMail rc file. There are still informations about tags in the rc file,
like keybindings and colors, but the list of tags is stored in KMail.
This makes the desktop more coherent when using Nepomuk. If a tag is
added in KMail's config window, you'll see it in Dolphin and other
Nepomuk enabled apps too. Removing a tag works the same way.
One thing I can't explain is that I hit a QList assert when using
QList::contains on an empty list, hence the two stupid if in the patch.
One thing I'd like to do is to call writeConfig when the user closes the
settings window, so that the tag changes are immediatly visible in other
apps. It's not in the patch as I wanted to know your point of view about
that.

any feedback is appreciated.

Cheers
Adrien Bustany