[Kde-pim] ktnef removal

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Wed Jul 30 14:31:14 BST 2008

Howdy,

The kdepim team would like to remove the ktnef application for the 4.2 release.

We don't think anyone is using this application and it hasn't gotten any love
or maintenance for a long time -- in fact, a big portion of the code is commented
out because it needs to be ported to Qt4.

ktnef is a GUI that allows you to look at email attachments in the MS TNEF format.

Note that there is a ktnef library in kdepimlibs, which is used by KMail to properly
display TNEF attachments.

In conclusion, please let me know within the next couple of days if there is
a good reason to keep ktnef, else I will remove it.

Regards,
Allen