[Kde-pim] Kde-pim identities

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Wed Jul 30 00:01:09 BST 2008

On Tuesday 29 July 2008 19:26:36 Gaffer. wrote:
> "we could have the same function as WinXP that shows how many e-mails
> have not been read before the user log on, How many contacts are
> online on his IM protocol he is using, etc. "

> The implication is that you want to copy M$ behaviour...    Are you
> surprised that this gets jumped on !
Yes, he should be. Not everything Microsoft does is stupid. Sure they've done
some evil stuff to get to where they are today but they've also had some good
ideas.

Using "M$" doesn't do you any favours, it makes you look like a mindless bigot
and really, really detracts from your arguments.

The integration Microsoft has been applications and OS is in some ways great.
If you make these features optional I really can't see how people can
complain.

> More clarity in your original post would have been preferred !
More politeness in your reply would have been preferred.

Mike Arthur