[Kde-pim] [Kde-cvs-announce] KDE 4.0 Release Branch

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Jan 6 19:23:35 GMT 2008

On Sunday 06 January 2008, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Friday 04 January 2008 20:15:53 Thorsten Staerk wrote:

> > > There will be no kdepim 4.0.x releases, so don't worry about
> > > this.
> > >
> > > Let's try to make a nice kdepim for 4.1.
> >
> > Does this mean we are allowed to do i18n changes to KDEPIM trunk ?
>
> Yep
>
> We can also:
>   add new features
>   merge stuff from kdab branches
>   add to our API
>   move libs into kdepimlibs (eg. libakonadi)
>   yay!

But we SHOULD ([1]) keep trunk/kdepimlibs and trunk/kdepim compatible
with branches/KDE/4.0/kdelibs (and kdebase) because developing against
stable libraries is much easier and is the only option for people who
do not want to recompile all of KDE everytime they want to spend a
couple of hours on kdepim.

Regards,
Ingo

[1] http://faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2119.html