[Kde-pim] [patch] Extension of the User-Agent field in KMail messages

Loïc Corbasson loic.corbasson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 22:54:42 GMT 2008

Am mardi 8 janvier 2008 schrieb Jarosław Staniek:
> Hello,
> Previously the value of User-Agent field in KMail was like
> "KMail/1.9.50". Not bad, assuming it was Linux/Unix.
>
> The patch changes that by adding operating system version, KDE
> version and simple machine info. It's modeled after
> http://www.mozilla.org/build/revised-user-agent-strings.html, e.g.
> uses ';' and does not uses spaces within tags.
>
> Example: "KMail/1.9.50 (Windows/5.0; KDE/3.97.1; i686)"

Nice :)

> For Linux the OS info would be like "Linux/2.6.8-2".
> As you can see I do not care here about "X11" tag, as we know it from
> web browsers.

Just my 0.02 €: the "X11" tag may be interesting on Mac OS X at least,
as we can now have native and X11-based versions, just like Qt makes a
distinction between Q_OS_* and Q_WS_*. AFAIK this is also more
consistent with what Konqueror does. Not a big issue though.

Loïc Corbasson <loic.corbasson at gmail.com>