[Kde-pim] KDE-PIM Security R&D

Sander van Grieken sander at 3v8.net
Tue Jan 22 10:59:01 GMT 2008

>> My question is if you feel Akonadi is a good candidate for this class.
>>  Some of the specifications are the impact of security (how
>> widespread/how critical), scope of the project (lines of code, release
>> cycle) and potential for vulnerabilities (or the amount of impact we
>> could have on the project).
> Hmm, as Akonadi is running as a user process only where nobody else
> except the user has access to (protected by the operating system), I'm
> not sure whether it is the right candidate.

User processes are IMHO just as important as system level processes. I have a lot of
personal information stored on my system which I'd hate to lose to an attacker (e.g.
credentials or credit card data), and also regular user accounts can be used to obtain
more information about system configuration for a possible future system compromise.

grtz,
Sander