[Kde-pim] branches/KDE/4.0/kdepimlibs/mailtransport

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Sat Jan 26 15:33:49 GMT 2008

Op Saturday 26 January 2008 16:22 schreef u:
> On Saturday 26 January 2008, Tom Albers wrote:
> > Ok, now I'm going to try to stay friendly.  Mailody is not released and
> > will most probably not be released for 4.1.0. So now it is up to you to
> > explain why I have Mailody on my mind in this discussion. And I care a lot
> > to receive this explanation.
>
> Well, I thought Mailody was what you were mainly thinking of when speaking
> of "other" (i.e. non-kdepim) "applications which want to use mailtransports",
> looks like I was wrong, sorry. But now, let's be realistical, what other
> KDE-based mail clients than KMail/Kontact and Mailody are there?

There have been several request on irc with the question: how can i let my application send mail. Most of them used the dcop command to sent it through kmail. We have pointed them to mailtransport and kpimidentities for that. I can dig up the irc logs if you like so you can track down the applications...

> But I actually think (also as a result of this discussion) that the best
> solution would be to have the script not remove the old settings, but keep
> both the old and the new migrated ones (as also suggested by Kevin Krammer).

I agree to that, it is a better solution. But I can not look at that before the 4.0.1 tag. If you can please do.

Toma