[Kde-pim] Some words of encouragement

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Tue Jan 22 21:27:41 GMT 2008

Hello!

I am really looking forward to KDE 3.5.9 with all those enterprise fixes
in KMail as well as to KDE 4.1 which will hopefully contain KDEPIM, maybe
even with Akonadi integration. I fully respect that you need time to make
it happen and can wait easily.

KDEPIM from KDE 3.5.8 is really good, KMail leaves a bit to be desired
regarding several bits of IMAP support, especially the lack of online
IMAP filters, but well I finally came around creating a
maildropfiler .mailfilter file ;-). And there are some issues with index
file handling (generally, not related to only IMAP or only POP3) and
asynchronous IMAP operations. I know that I can fix things by manually
removing the index file of the folder that has an issue. And I think it
might not make any sense to dig any deeper in that anymore as all of this
is to be replaced by Akonadi anyway.

I am really glad about all the progress being made and I understand too
good how difficult it is to take spare time for development. I would like
to contribute more and actually finish of the little CRM114 stuff I
began. But real life demands all my attention at the moment, its just too
crazy.

So keep up the good work. I really appreciate it. I thought it would be
good to let you know.

Thank you.

Ciao,