[Kde-pim] Decibel akonadi integration

Tobias Hunger tobias at aquazul.com
Tue Feb 19 18:53:37 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 19 February 2008, Kevin Krammer wrote:
Hello Kevin!

> IMHO presence information is too short lived to make sense for storing in
> Akonadi.

We had this discussion before at our Decibel Hackathon in March last year.
Everybody agreed that the information needs to be stored in Akonadi (this
includes Volker Krause). Akonadi was designed to be a unified PIM data
storage engine, so let's just use it.

> However, it will be good to have the IM "address" as part of a PIM contact
> data, i.e. inside the respective addressee (and probably create a new one
> if there isn't a matching one yet)

Addresses and state (presence and last seen info, etc.) need to be stored
together.

Best Regards,
Tobias Hunger