[Kde-pim] Decibel akonadi integration

George Goldberg grundleborg at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 19 13:41:24 GMT 2008

Hi all,

I'm working at the moment on the beginnings of integrating decibel with akonadi.

Decibel will provide IM contacts of the user, and their
online/offline/away/etc status (ie. their presence information).

So, obviously we want to have this presence information in akonadi so
all KDE apps can get at it.
However, I have some questions about the best way to store this data.

To me, the most natural place for it seems to be alongside other
contact data in the addressbook
(which I believe is KABC?). However, I don't see an effective way to
store this data through the
KABC api.

So, the first question I have, is whether:
1) this presence information can be stored through KABC's current API
2) KABC's API should be altered to accomodate it
3) decibel should store the data itself and feed it into akonadi
through its own agent and then have
    it linked to the address book by some means within akonadi,
4) some other method...

Any advice/suggestions/corrections would be greatly appreciated.

George Goldberg