[Kde-pim] KDEPIM_NEW_DISTRLISTS

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Feb 21 19:38:54 GMT 2008

On Thursday 21 February 2008, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> The so called "new" code looked like some hack needed because of the
> limitation of distribution list handling in KDE3's KABC

I thought of it has a nice solution instead of hack, but yes, the design was mostly
guided by the fact that I couldn't change KABC indeed.

> and since nobody
> seemed to be interested in moving this into kdepimlibs I concluded that the
> workaround wasn't needed any longer if the addressbook/resource could handle
> distribution lists properly.

I guess that's true.

> Btw, I think a proper composite pattern would need common base for nodes,
> since IMHO it doesn't make any sense to set e.g. the telephone number of a
> distribution list.

This is a very good point.

As long as we can put a distlist inside a distlist with your solution too, I guess
it might be better than my solution then.