[Kde-pim] New Maintainer of KMail

Thomas McGuire Thomas.McGuire at gmx.net
Tue Feb 5 18:27:44 GMT 2008

Hi,

you probably already know that I took maintainership of KMail over from Ingo.
Well, I felt like writing some sort of announcement, so this is it.

Thanks to Ingo for maintaining KMail over the years, you did a great job of
maintaining the best mail application for Linux (and soon others). I hope
you'll still hang around.

As a maintainer, I'll mostly continue doing what I do know, which is reviewing
commits and patches, reading and dealing with bug reports and sometimes even
having the time to do a commit.
I'll also continue to nag about coding style and incorrect indentation, I hope
that this is not too annoying.
And now, as a maintainer, I probably also have to finally try out IMAP and fix
the worst bugs :)

Of course, an application like KMail is much too big for a single person, so I
am very happy to have the great folks of KDAB also working on it. Equally
important are all the other short-term or long-term contributors, thanks to
them, your work is much appreciated and helps a lot! We really need every
help we can get.

I'll begin my maintainership with absence, since I have exams in two weeks and
still need to learn a lot for it, so I have to force myself to stay away from
KDE a bit.

I hope I will be a good maintainer, any suggestions are certainly welcome.
Working together with you so far was very enjoyable, the PIM community is
just great.

Let's make KMail and KDEPIM rock!

Regards,
Thomas