[Kde-pim] Synchronization between Akregator & Google Reader

Frank Osterfeld frank.osterfeld at gmx.de
Tue Feb 19 08:42:26 GMT 2008

Hi Didier,

On Monday 18 February 2008 23:46:29 Didier HOARAU wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm new to this mailing list and here is the reason of my subscription:
>
> For the last few days I have been thinking about a module that would
> synchronize Akregator and Google Reader. For example: updating the
> categories, adding feeds, removing feeds and why not the items that are
> stared/flagged as important. (I've been thinking of Google Reader because
> the API is very easy to use but this may works with other online
> aggregators)
>
> Do you think that adding something like this would be interesting in
> Akregator? (considering that all aggregators can already import opml files)

Synchronization with online readers would be _extremely_ interesting indeed. I
played with the bloglines API a while back, but it's still a bunch of
standalone classes implementing their API without any integration into
Akregator.

Mid-term something like this should be done on the basis of Akonadi, but as
Akregator based on Akonadi won't be released before KDE-PIM 4.2, a simple
synchronization of the feed list (opposed to a full sync including items/item
states) could be implemented on the current codebase and would already be
available in 4.1 then. It would be already tremendously useful and not too
hard to port over to Akonadi.

Do you want to work on it? I can assist you where necessary, either here or on
IRC (#kontact).

Regards,

Frank