[Kde-pim] KDEPIM_NEW_DISTRLISTS

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Feb 21 18:39:49 GMT 2008

On Thursday 21 February 2008, Till Adam wrote:
> On Thursday 21 February 2008 14:42:09 Allen Winter wrote:
> > Howdy,
> >
> > We still have conditional compile code for KDEPIM_NEW_DISTRLISTS
> > in kdepim trunk.
> >
> > Apparently, you need to pass -DKDEPIM_NEW_DISTRLISTS to the
> > kdepim cmake to get the new distrlist code compiled.
> >
> > Should we:
> > a) keep things as is
> > b) change the default to use the new way, but keep the old code in place
> > c) remove the old distrlist code and always use the new way
> > d) remove the new distrlist code and always use the old way
> > e) none of the above
>
> I thought this had already been changed to only use the new style? I'll
> check up.

I think the "new" stuff uses special addressees as distributions lists, while
the "old" one uses distribution lists as separate data structures.

I updated the "old" parts during some refactoring so that the addressbook or
rather the resources now handle distributions lists instead of a separate
distribution list manager.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring