[Kde-pim] Fwd: Question about Akonadi server self-test

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Thu Dec 18 11:42:28 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 17 December 2008 23:11:37 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Hi Volker, it seems the selftestdialog.cpp of akonadi is adding reports in
> a i18n way, Yukiko makes a point that if that info is supposed to be used
> by KDE developers it would be a better idea to have it non-i18n, but if it
> can be useful for the "user" too maybe we should have a button that says
> "give reports in english for developers" that recreates the model without
> using i18n.

There are two parts in that dialog:
- A list widget showing the results of the tests and a details label providing
hints to the user about how to fix the corresponding problem. That part is
currently translated, which makes sense.
- A button to create a self-test report for inclusion in bug reports and
support requests. This report contains the same data as shown to the user and
some additional content, such as listings of config files etc. The report
should indeed not be translated. However, it currently is for the strings
taken directly from the user visible part, the additional info seems to be
untranslated already.

Is there a way I can get both the english and the translated string without
duplicating the english string? I had a look at KLocalizedString but didn't
see a way to retrieve the english version again.

regards
Volker