[Kde-pim] Question about Akonadi server self-test

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Thu Dec 18 10:25:10 GMT 2008

Am Mittwoch 17 Dezember 2008 17:04:49 schrieb Yukiko Bando:
> This is an error message found in libakonadi.po.
>
> "An error occurred during the startup of the Akonadi server. The following
> self-tests are supposed to help with tracking down and solving this
> problem. When requesting support or reporting bugs, please always include
> this report."
>
> Is this report written using translated messages from the same PO? If that
> is the case, it might be better not to translate them to my language
> because I don't think there are many developers who understand Japanese :)

Don't worry, none of the translations from libakonadi.po are used so far, not
in the gui because of the broken i18n implementation of the akonadi stuff and
therefore also not in the reports ;-)

But to be serious, with some i18n patches for akonadi I get (partly)
translated error reports in a german language environment, that's only
slightly better understandable for the devs than japanese reports.

As we need both, a translated GUI for our users and untranslated english error
reports for the developers, SelfTestDialog::createReport() in
kdepimlibs/akonadi/selftestdialog.cpp has to be fixed to create english
reports.

--
Burkhard Lück