[Kde-pim] user css controlled mail appereance... reload.

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Dec 29 20:30:32 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 23 December 2008, Thomas Lübking wrote:
> Am Tuesday 23 December 2008 schrieb Volker Krause:
> > This probably doesn't cover everyting we currently do with headers:
> > - KNode allows you to select which article headers to show, with
> > which label and in which order.
>
> configure/reading news/headers?
> humm, i'd say you could offer this as the fallback header and let the
> user choose to use this (alongside any css file, limiting the final
> look) or a custom header (but dropping the option of UI field
> configuration)
>
> > - KNode has a reference bar instead of the spam indicator,
> > providing links to previous articles in the same thread
>
> we could do a basic variable substitution for the header.inc in the
> lib and apps implementing it (being an interface anyway) could
> reimplement the function to substitute everything beyond the message
> fields (kmail does spam, knode the references)

Exactly. The basic stuff is handled by the common library and anything
special is handled by special application-specific extensions.

> problem: presumingly most custom styles will support kmail + extras,
> maybe akkregator (does it need extras) and less knode - yesno?

I don't think it will be feasible to use exactly the same style for all
three applications (except for the most basic styles). There would
probably be three slightly different styles, each one optimized for one
application.

Regards,
Ingo