[Kde-pim] KMails Account Wizard

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Tue Dec 23 13:56:22 GMT 2008

On Monday 22 December 2008 5:31:18 pm Manfred Mislik wrote:
> On Montag 22 Dezember 2008 22:27:10 Sven Burmeister wrote:
> > Am Samstag, 20. Dezember 2008 22:45:17 schrieb Manfred Mislik:
> > > As I'm working through the new Getting Started section I found that the
> > > Account Wizard probably needs an overhaul.
> >
> > Does it actually start, if kmail is started as part of kontact?
>
> No, then you need to start it from Tools->Acccount Wizard which is not
> really easy to find for the beginner.

I think we should have a "PIM Wizard".
It should do everything the Account Wizard does, but more.  including:
 - do you use Kolab (run kolabwizard) or Scalix (run scalixwizard)... ?
 - setting up a contact for yourself
 - setting holiday region
 - setting timezone (if different than system timezone)
 - ask if you want to see birthdays in your calendar
 - are there plugins you want to use ?
 - etc.