[Kde-pim] KMail Handbook

Thomas McGuire mcguire at kde.org
Sun Dec 21 17:31:46 GMT 2008

Hi,

On Wednesday 10 December 2008 20:46:08 Manfred wrote:
> I'd like to point your attention to the following page:
>
> https://techbase.kde.org/Talk:Projects/Documentation/KDE4/kdepim/kmail
>
> I have set up this (and others will follow) page to document the progress
> of the handbook and intend to use the discussion pages as scrapbooks to
> collect ideas and requests for what and how be in it, or how it can be
> improved.
>
> So please express your ideas so that I don't have to wast too much time
> with wrong attempts and don't get demotivated too soon :-)

I've added some ideas there which came to my mind. They're probably in the
wrong section, it is hard for me to differntiate between beginner/advanced
tasks.

> What I'm trying to do at the moment is to create a useful sequence of
> chapters and sections that concentrate on tasks rather than features.
>
> - Beginners and intermediate tasks
> - Advanced KMail with all the bells and whistles
>
> And only when that is done I feel like I want to concentrate on the
> (boring) documentation of the ui as an advanced index that helps to find
> out what to actually do with it, like linking to the appropriate beginners,
> intermediate or advanced task.

I think that is the right approach, IMHO writing these chapters is more
important, especially for the big picture when you're new to an app, than
documenting every checkbox and combobox in an index (which in the end is
probably also needed).

Regards,
Thomas