[Kde-pim] KMail Handbook

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Dec 10 21:08:06 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 10 December 2008, Manfred wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 10. Dezember 2008 21:03:40 schrieb Allen Winter:
> > We plan to eliminate all those individual kdepim app websites and
> > re-direct the URLs to userbase.  So, please put any and all
> > updating efforts into http://userbase.kde.org/KMail,
> > http://userbase.kde.org/KOrganizer, etc.
> >
> > Let me know when you think the userbase pages are good enough.
> > Then I will ask the admins to redirect the URLs.
>
> That leads me to the question, what tasks should find their
> description in the handbook and which ones should go on userbase. Or
> should everything be in the handbook and userbase show an excerpt of
> that or vice versa?

The handbooks of all applications release with KDE are available on
http://docs.kde.org/. So I would suggest to reserve userbase for a
general introduction, tutorials, howtos, and other stuff that does not
really fit into a handbook.

Obviously, userbase should link to the handbook
(http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdepim/kmail/index.html; for some reason
this link does not seem to work atm). And the handbook should point the
user to userbase.

Regards,
Ingo