[Kde-pim] Combining a HTML signature with a fortune cookie

Thomas McGuire mcguire at kde.org
Fri Dec 26 17:51:11 GMT 2008

Hello,

On Thursday 25 December 2008 16:49:00 fvzwieten at gmail.com wrote:
> I am using kmail 1.10.92 on KDE 4.2 beta 2. Pretty impressed by the new
> functionalities in kmail. Still, I have a question. I want to use a html
> signature _and_ supplement it with a fortune cookie. As far as I can see,
> it cannot be done. I tried to create a html formatted signature in a file,
> with the plan to insert the fortune cookie using a script, but when I use
> this file as my signature, it doesn't interpret the embedded html.
>
> It would sure be great to have a functionality to embed the output of a
> command inside an signature, much like the %SYSTEM="" field in the template
> system.
>
> Does anyone has any idea how this can be done?

This is a developer list, user questions should go to kdepim-users.

What you want to achieve can not be done. The only possibility I see for this
is to edit .kde/share/config/emailidentities manually with some script that
replaces the HTML signature with the output of a fortune command.

Regards,
Thomas