[Kde-pim] Combining a HTML signature with a fortune cookie

fvzwieten at gmail.com fvzwieten at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 15:49:00 GMT 2008

Hello all,

I am using kmail 1.10.92 on KDE 4.2 beta 2. Pretty impressed by the new
functionalities in kmail. Still, I have a question. I want to use a html
signature _and_ supplement it with a fortune cookie. As far as I can see, it
cannot be done. I tried to create a html formatted signature in a file, with
the plan to insert the fortune cookie using a script, but when I use this file
as my signature, it doesn't interpret the embedded html.

It would sure be great to have a functionality to embed the output of a
command inside an signature, much like the %SYSTEM="" field in the template
system.

Does anyone has any idea how this can be done?

Fred