[Kde-pim] Bug 178526

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Wed Dec 24 19:13:08 GMT 2008

On Wed 24 December 2008 15:37:01 Thomas McGuire wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 24 December 2008 16:29:27 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > On Tuesday 23 December 2008, David Boosalis wrote:
> > > When I try to start akonadictl from the command line I get the output
> > > below.  I was hoping to demo the KDE 4.2 desktop to my boss on the
> > > 27th. Is there a quick way to stop the akonadi  server from starting up
> > > so I have a clean desktop with no reoccurring popups.
> >
> > Your problem looks like it could be the usual AppArmor problem.
> > http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi#Apparmor
> >
> > Of course it would be oreferable to fix the cause of the problem, if you
> > don't have the time right now try deactivating the automatic resource
> > migration
> >
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/PIM/Akonadi#How_do_I_disable_automatic_m
> >ig ration_from_KDE.27s_traditional_framework.3F
>
> I think we should disable automatic migration if there are errors in the
> first migration run, otherwise the migrator will always be run, causing
> errors on each start.

This would be a good idea. I haven't got round to installing mysql yet either,
so I get the popups as well. To have the same error dialog pop up three times
in succession whenever I start Kontact (with the associated delay in allowing
it to start) is annoying. Not only that, but the message dialog doesn't stay
visible long enough to save the error log - it just disappears of its own
accord too quickly, before I can click the necessary buttons. The
disappearing act needs to be fixed too.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author and maintainer.