[Kde-pim] Bug 178526

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Thu Dec 25 11:41:59 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 24 December 2008 16:37:01 Thomas McGuire wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 24 December 2008 16:29:27 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > On Tuesday 23 December 2008, David Boosalis wrote:
> > > When I try to start akonadictl from the command line I get the output
> > > below.  I was hoping to demo the KDE 4.2 desktop to my boss on the
> > > 27th. Is there a quick way to stop the akonadi  server from starting up
> > > so I have a clean desktop with no reoccurring popups.
> >
> > Your problem looks like it could be the usual AppArmor problem.
> > http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi#Apparmor
> >
> > Of course it would be oreferable to fix the cause of the problem, if you
> > don't have the time right now try deactivating the automatic resource
> > migration
> >
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/PIM/Akonadi#How_do_I_disable_automatic_m
> >ig ration_from_KDE.27s_traditional_framework.3F
>
> I think we should disable automatic migration if there are errors in the
> first migration run, otherwise the migrator will always be run, causing
> errors on each start.

... and when do we activate it again? The problem is Akonadi failing to start,
not the migration as such. So, while disabling the migration works for 4.2
for most apps (except KPilot I think), we will run into the same problem in
4.3 with applications depending on Akonadi unconditionally.

What we definitely need to fix however is the quick disappearing of the
dialogs, we had several people reporting that already, but I have been unable
to reproduce that here so far. If someone could get a backtrace form
closeEvent(), that should tell us why this happens.

regards
Volker