[Kde-pim] Mailody picking up external akonadi collections

Thomas Gillespie tomjamesgillespie at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 29 19:24:27 BST 2008

> Yes, Mailody will show every collections that can contain emails, ie. has
> message/rfc822 (or derived types) as possible content type.

That's perfect thanks, that's what I needed to know :-)

> From a users point of it makes sense to consider your application a kind of
> importer, which means I as a user might want to simply select one of my
> mail folders as the location to import to. Like file dialogs asking for an
> existing directory as a download location.

Exactly yea this was the plan, It's not meant for you to view your emails or
anything, just import to your 'email collection'.

> We need to review the server for all places that assume that there is an
owning resource for a collection
> or item, since this assumptions breaks for top-level collections created
> by a non-resource. No idea yet when we will get this done, but as a
> workaournd you can use eg. a maildir resource and create a collection
> there (or use an existing one).

Well I could help out if it would speed things up, there's no rush to get my
app done so It seems a bit of a... waste of resources to write a hack then
delete it. It would be nice to be organized before I go to uni, but I've lived
the last 18 years in a mess so not to worry :-). Also I'm not very familiar
with the Akonadi architecture (especially internally) but I would be happy to
help.

Thanks

Tom