[Kde-pim] wikinew.kde.org to replace kontact.kde.org

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Sat Aug 16 20:58:51 BST 2008

On Saturday 16 August 2008 15:27:19 Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Saturday 16 August 2008 16:49:04 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > On Friday 15 August 2008, Thorsten Staerk wrote:
> > >
> > > no I don't want to remove pim.kde.org, I suggest making it editable.
> > > Let's move the pages to the wiki and then link from pim.kde.org to
> > > there.
> >
> > I think this makes a lot of sense. Some of the information on Akonadi
> > does already live in techbase so that it can be updated easily.
> > Developers looking for information on kdepim don't want a shiny web
> > page, but out-to-date information.
>
> Yes, this probably makes sense.
>
> > OTOH, I'm not so sure whether moving all of kontact.kde.org to userbase
> > is a good idea, unless userbase has a really shiny interface. Moving the
> > documentation to userbase is a good idea though.
>
> We could keep kontact.kde.org as shiny portal, but let it link to the Wiki for
> more detailed information. Would be kind of a media break, but if it improves
> the quality of the content we have there, it might be worth it.

I think we have proved over the years that none of us are inclined to keep
kontact.kde.org nor pim.kde.org up-to-date.

I don't think we can do any worse migrating to wikis.

Techbase is shiny.  So I expect Danimo and Thorsten to make Userbase just as shiny.

the current kontact.kde.org and pim.kde.org for stuff we need to tightly control
(if there is any such info).  Eventually, we might be able to put everything
on the wikis and then do url redirects.