[Kde-pim] wikinew.kde.org to replace kontact.kde.org

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 21:08:23 BST 2008

Thorsten Staerk wrote:

> Hi Pimsters,
> * we plan to add userbase.kde.org for user topics ("what would interest
> your mother")
> * wiki.kde.org will redirect to userbase.kde.org in the long run
> * the new wiki userbase.kde.org is being prepared under the address
> wikinew.kde.org

Hi,

I don't think I get it. Currently application user docuementation (how to
use the application and do things with it) is stored in doc/ folders in the
kde modules. Is this wiki intended to replace that docuemntation? I thought
module.kde.org (< pim, utils, games, edu) was different in that it's about
the goals for the module and more information on the applications
(including a link to the user documentation at docs.kde.org).

Do you propose to replace {pim,utils,games,edu}.kde.org with
userbase.kde.org/{pim,utils,games,edu}?

Steve.