[Kde-pim] KMails HTML mails

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Aug 28 21:06:44 BST 2008

On Thursday 28 August 2008, Thomas McGuire wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 August 2008 16:14:51 Tom Albers wrote:
> > Op woensdag 27 augustus 2008 15:41 schreef u:
> > > That said, I would love a toCleanHtml() or something like that in
> > > KRichTextEdit for better HTML than the crap QTextEdit produces.
> >
> > True. Sorry if I offended you, that was not my intention. I was
> > just wondering what was better, a (in my eyes) completely broken
> > feature or a temp. disabled one. It is of course up to you to
> > decide which one is better for you.
>
> I wasn't offended, sorry if my mail sounded like that. Yes, the
> screenshot looks awful. The problems are:

[snip]
> - KMail not having a "Prefer to display plain-text parts but still
> allow to display HTML-only mails" option, and Mailody also not having
> such an option (I guess)

Is this really needed? People (like me) choosing to display messages as
plain text usually do so because they never want to see HTML unless
they explicitly ask for it (which is trivial in KMail because all they
have to do is click on a link). OTOH, people (like my mom) who would
want to see HTML-only messages always as HTML will most likely want to
see all messages with HTML body part as HTML.

So, in short: I fail to see the (sufficiently large) user group
warranting the implementation of such an option.

Anyway, that's just me trying to prevent us from adding features that
nobody really needs. :-)

Regards,
Ingo