[Kde-pim] scripting akonadi?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Mon Apr 14 19:19:19 BST 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 19:52:46 PM +0200, Tobias Koenig wrote:

> > I'd like to start studying how to "talk" with akonadi, that is how
> > to automate writing, reading, searching... akonadi data?
> >
> > Not just email messages (if I understand correctly, from this
> > point of view akonadi works just like any other imap server,
> > right?)
> Well, it's a protocol similar to IMAP, but it is absolutely not
> standard compliant ;)

Just to make sure I understand your answer: this means that, even if I
_only_ want to read and write email messages from/to the
Akonadi-controlled storage, I just cannot do it with the standard IMAP
modules already existing for Python or Perl? Or it means that I cannot
exploit _all_ of Akonadi's power, but only the simpler IMAP
operations?

If the already existing modules are not compatible at all with
Akonadi, what is the reason for this lack of backward compatibility?

> However it is not necessary to work on the protocol level, better
> use the akonadi-kde library (headers are installed under
> $KDEDIR/include/akonadi/) to access the Akonadi storage.

is this library usable from Perl or Python, as far as email only is
concerned?

Thank you so much for the prompt answer, I look forward to learn
more. I'll also contact Richard.

      	   		Marco
--
Your own civil rights and the quality of your own life heavily depend on
how software is used *around* you:               http://digifreedom.net/