[Kde-pim] KDEPIM 4.1?

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper vr at movingparts.net
Wed Apr 30 04:29:16 BST 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 10:26 PM, Allen Winter <winter at kde.org> wrote:
> Howdy,

Hey Allen! =:)

>  Sebas' "Alpha1" announcement on the Dot [1] promises KDE-PIM
>  as part of the 4.1 release.
>
>  I have strong doubts about this.  We need to discuss.
>
>  There are several apps (KPilot, KMobileTools, KitchenSync,..)
>  that haven't been touched for a long time.  And other
>  apps that are still a long way from being releasable.
>  And another set (KMailCVT, Korn, ..) that I really have
>  no idea about their status.

Well, I definitely agree. Speaking about KPilot, we do have a SOC
project that's targetting 4.2, so we'll definitely be getting it into
shape, but not for 4.1. I'm not sure where that leaves things from a
packaging perspective, though. =:/

>  One idea is to eliminate kdepim and move any of the apps
>  that people still care about and actively maintain to extragear.
>
>  Certainly, it is time for a review of what we have and what
>  we need to jettison into unmaintained.  But, more importantly,
>  I simply don't see the our flagship apps being ready
>  in the next couple months.

Yeah, agreed. =:(

--
 -[ Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper // http://movingparts.net ]-