[Kde-pim] scripting akonadi?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Fri Apr 18 09:12:19 BST 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 18:46:45 PM +0200, Tijn Schuurmans wrote:

> This raises some other questions like, will it be possible to query
> akonadi for deleted contacts or events?

Right! This would be another use case to add to those I mentioned in
the "More questions about scripting Akonadi", pasted again below as
answers to "why would command-line akonadi clients would be useful"

I too am greatly interested to know what Akonadi developers think of
these use cases.

      Marco

"save the status of Akonadi data/cache/temp database as it is now" or
"restore status of Akonadi etc etc... as it was yesterday when I
logged off"

other kind of Akonadi things that would be useful to do from a shell
script is automatic mailing (or other actions) to addresses coming out
from PIM/email searches:

"find everybody who wrote to myoldaddress at oldisp.com and email to them
the file thisismynewaddress.txt"

"find all the friends or business partners who live in the 555 area
code and email them a notification that I'll be visiting next Monday"

"find everybody who wrote to me to comment about some web page or
article, or everybody to whom I sent some file, to email them a new
version of the same document"

"same as last case above, but select only the people who replied when
I sent that file"

"pipe all my contacts into some custom LaTeX template"

--
Your own civil rights and the quality of your own life heavily depend on
how software is used *around* you:               http://digifreedom.net/