[Kde-pim] Kpilot will not sync w. Palm tungsten T

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Wed Apr 30 22:23:16 BST 2008

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 10:05 AM, Dennis Meulensteen
> <dennis at meulensteen.nl> wrote:
>> Hi devs,
>
> Hi Dennis! =:)
>
>>  could someone help me get my Palm Tunsten T to sync with korganizer?
>>
>>  I can create new records on the PC and have them show up on the palm.
>>  I have tried using both hotsync and full-sync. Whatever I change on the PC
>>  (update or delete functions) is always silently discarded, regardless of the
>>  global or local settings for replication conflicts.
>
> That shouldn't be. =:/  Can you please give me a log to look at? You
> need to configure KPilot with --enable-debug=yes and then run
> kpilotDaemon with --debug=9 and then redirect that to a log file.

My girlfriend complained of something similar, though I never sat down
and tried it much and I personally have a fear of trying any of this on
my Treo without making sure I have a good backup as all of my business
stuff is in there. I will check my experience too, but if memory serves,
her experience was that the handheld has a strong tendency to overwrite
the desktop no matter what the setting is. She's also run into
circumstances where she'll end up with two of an event as a result of
syncing.

She had not synced very often, though, because until Ubuntu Hardy which
she just updated to, sync was broken for Treos in the distro packages.
Now that both of us are running current releases, we should be able to
muck around with it some more (and also now that my Linux machine is
basically my primary business machine -- this was not the case until
recently).

>>  I first removed the Opensuse packages (Kpilot, kitchensync, Pilot-link) and
>>  compiling everything from source (not kitchensync though). The latest stable
>>  version (SVN rev. 799409) of Kpilot compiles just fine. As does pilot-link. I
>>  installed everything to the prefixes shown on the Kpilot web site.
>>  Funny thing is I notice Kpilot always lists the pilot-link version as 0.12.2,
>>  where I definitely installed 0.12.3! I can't even find any other version on
>>  my system and configure shows it is setting up everything to run with the
>>  correct version (pilot-link 0.12.3).
>
> Weird, but that shouldn't affect this. =:/
>
>>  PS: I was also going to post about the abbrowser conduit crashing but somebody
>>  just fixed it (THANKS, it now works great!)
>
> Heh. Yay!! I can't believe that one was in there for so long without
> me having hit it! =:/

- --