[Kde-pim] KDEPIM 4.1?

Kleag kleag at free.fr
Wed Apr 30 10:33:29 BST 2008

Hello,

I'm not a kdepim developer, just a user :-) As such, I use the trunk version
of kontact (kmail and akregator) since a few months. Now I have at least all
the features of kde3 and I very few problems.

In my purely user perspective, I would be very sad not to see kmail in kde
4.1.

Just my 2 €-cent !

Kleag
On Wednesday 30 April 2008 04:26:54 Allen Winter wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Sebas' "Alpha1" announcement on the Dot [1] promises KDE-PIM
> as part of the 4.1 release.
>
> I have strong doubts about this.  We need to discuss.
>
> There are several apps (KPilot, KMobileTools, KitchenSync,..)
> that haven't been touched for a long time.  And other
> apps that are still a long way from being releasable.
> And another set (KMailCVT, Korn, ..) that I really have
> no idea about their status.
>
> One idea is to eliminate kdepim and move any of the apps
> that people still care about and actively maintain to extragear.
>
> Certainly, it is time for a review of what we have and what
> we need to jettison into unmaintained.  But, more importantly,
> I simply don't see the our flagship apps being ready
> in the next couple months.
>
> Thoughts or comments?
> -Allen
>
> [1]
> http://dot.kde.org/1209500572/

KsirK - a turn-based strategy game for KDE
http://gna.org/projects/ksirk

KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer
http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kgraphviewer