[Kde-pim] More questions about: scripting akonadi

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue Apr 15 23:17:58 BST 2008

On Tuesday 15 April 2008, M. Fioretti wrote:
> On Mon, April 14, 2008 9:40 pm, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> > Akonadi itself is just a kind of cache and unique interface to
> > access pim data, so most of the time it just stores temporary data
> > in a mysql database. The real data are kept in the filesystem as
> > maildir, ical or vcard file, depending on the resource you are
> > using.
>
> but you (the end user) must NOT mess with those maildirs, ical or
> vcard files otherwise bad things will happen. Is this correct?

No, that's not correct. In the end it depends on the implementation of
the corresponding Akonadi resources. IMO the maildir, ical and vcard
resources must be able to handle this correctly. But that's just my
opinion and I'm not even helping the developers with the development of
Akonadi. So it might very well be that the first versions of the
resources will not be able to handle external changes.

Regards,
Ingo