[Kde-pim] KOrganizer UI problems

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Fri Sep 14 13:25:46 BST 2007

I had a look at the current SVN version of KOrganizer and noticed a couple of
problems (see attached screenshot):
- The buttons in the date navigator are so big due to the text that they make
the date navigator much wider than actually needed. The width even varies
when moving to other months because the month names are wider or smaller. I
think it would be better to remove the texts.
- The year in the date navigator gets formatted with as "2,007". It seems to
be generated by the generic number formatting which is not correct for year
numbers.
- The toolbar moves back and forth when undoable actions are executed because
the action name which is shown in the toolbar includes the name of the action
(which varies in length). Maybe it would be better to only show "Undo" in the
toolbar and use the full name with the action included only in the menu and
the tool tip of the toolbar button.
- The multiple time zone bars in the agenda view lack an indication what
timezone they represent. What about removing the "all day" label on top of
the bars and show the timezones there.
- The date headers aren't adjusted accordingly when multiple time zones are
shown, so they then are at the wrong position.
- The timeline view is missing an icon
- What's the "timespent view"?
- The KOrganizer version number is not up-to-date
- The ThanksTo tab in the about dialog is somehow misformatted for a couple of
entries. I think it's also missing a couple of names.

Is somebody working on these issues?