[Kde-pim] Porting KAddressBook

Mathias Soeken msoeken at tzi.de
Thu Sep 6 18:13:01 BST 2007

Hello everybody.

I am currenty trying to port kaddressbook and fix some crashes. But I do not
really know about the plans, and I think there are two ways to go:

1) Port kaddressbook as it is now, try to make it work and ship it with KDE
4.0. After that try to make it work with new techniques like akonadi/khalki
(whatever)

2) I saw some controls  and models in akonadi for kabc. I worked a little bit
with that yesterday and tried to create a card view on base of QListView and
the KABCModel from akonadi. So I could make use of these controls in
kaddressbook instead of the current code. Instead of porting, I could work on
the sources in akonadi. So it could be that kaddressbook is a little bit
smaller in KDE 4.0 and would be extended in future versions.

Besides GUI I would have to update the export things or will they move into
akonadi?

Best regards,
Mathias