[Kde-pim] PROPOSAL: Moving the KDEPIM Enterprise Branch into the 3.5 Branch

Till Adam till at kdab.net
Fri Oct 12 06:44:11 BST 2007

On Thursday 11 October 2007 20:31:33 Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Thursday 11 October 2007, Allen Winter wrote:
>
> > Does it make sense/Is it plausible to effectively eliminate
> > the enterprise/kdepim branch by moving it into branches/KDE/3.5?
>
> Can I ask the same question about the post-4.0 kdepim branch? kdepim in trunk
> seems to be quite broken, and why is the stuff not developed in trunk after
> the release delay?

Because we are under the assumption that trunk is still feature frozen, thus
we can't forward port the enterprise features to it. At the same time there
are API changes and intrusive work in the crypto libraries, which is why
kdepimlibs is also branched.

Till Adam -- till at kdab.net, adam at kde.org
KDAB, Platform-independent software solutions