[Kde-pim] PROPOSAL: Moving the KDEPIM Enterprise Branch into the 3.5 Branch

Till Adam till at kdab.net
Thu Oct 11 07:49:37 BST 2007

On Thursday 11 October 2007 08:20:47 Andrew Mason wrote:
> Are there any disadvantages to this ?

I can see two:

1) the reason why this work was going into a branch in the first place is that we have a
feature and string freeze on 3.5. While no one minds new features, it seems, the translators
might not be happy with having a largish chunk of new strings dumped on them in a stable
branch. I think we'd at least have to ask them.

2) the branch is actively being developed atm, will be for another 4 to 6 weeks. There will be
more new strings and documentation coming in as part of that.

I would therefor suggest to hold off on this until we have completed our feature work in the
branch and it goes into maintenance mode, towards the end of November.

Let me add that we would of course be more than happy to merge as much as possible into 3.5.
We've been forward porting the new features to trunk, until that froze, and are now forward
porting into a staging branch of trunk, to be merged back when trunk unfreezes.

Cheers,

Till

Till Adam -- till at kdab.net, adam at kde.org
KDAB, Platform-independent software solutions