[Kde-pim] Porting kdepim apps from KPrinter to QPrinter

John Layt johnlayt at yahoo.com.au
Sun Oct 14 09:26:04 BST 2007

On Sunday 14 October 2007, Thorsten Staerk wrote:
> this is again a lot of work and I am already frustrated by the "if it
> works, change it" attitude of, let's call them "the decision makers for
> KDE 4".

Hi Thorsten

We're sorry, this was a decision no-one wanted to make, but there was no
choice.  Printing was broken and we couldn't fix it in time for 4.0.  It was
switch to Qt, or our users wouldn't be able to print anything.  That would be
unacceptable.

We have 56 applications to port in trunk, and so far we've done 17 in two
days, including KTimeTracker.  I've given up a weekend away to help sort it
out, but we're pushing it to make the deadline, hence the call for help.

>- porting to Qt 4 (pure nonsense IMHO)

Seriously???

John.