[Kde-pim] KOrganizer UI problems

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Tue Oct 9 08:30:54 BST 2007

On Monday 08 October 2007 20:31, Mike Arthur wrote:
> On Monday 08 October 2007 14:34:39 Allen Winter wrote:
> > For now, I think tooltips "scroll forward/backward 1 month/year" is the
> >
> :(
>
> I'm not convinced this is the best solution. Most novice users don't know
> what tooltips are and KDE's tooltips are so inconsistent I don't think even
> advanced users would look.

On what do you base this statement? Tooltips are a well known concept not only
in KDE and users get them by virtually "doing nothing".

> Would  the format:
> "<< Y" or "< M"
> be acceptable? How easily i18nable is it?

The concept of the arrows (without further explanations) is so common that I
think doing something unusual like adding some single letters to them would
only be confusing.

I also think that tooltips are the way to go. It's so easy to find out what
the buttons are doing just by clicking them and there are even other more
explicit ways to navigate to other dates that I don't think it's worth the
problems caused by adding text there.