[Kde-pim] Porting kdepim apps from KPrinter to QPrinter

John Layt johnlayt at yahoo.com.au
Sun Oct 14 00:43:10 BST 2007

On Saturday 13 October 2007, John Layt wrote:
> The following kdepim apps need to be ported:
>     /KDE/kdepim/kaddressbook
>     /KDE/kdepim/knotes
>     /KDE/kdepim/korganizer
>     /KDE/kdepim/ktimetracker

Hi,

The porting has now been completed, thanks to Allen for taking care of the
largest portion.  All apps work, but some better than others :-)  I recommend
you test them out for yourself to confirm the rendering is correct.

kaddressbook has some issues with the margins which will need to be fixed, I
don't have time right now.  Feel free to have a crack yourself, otherwise I
might get back to it later.  Code is in RingBinderPrintStyle::print() and
DetailledPrintStyle::print().  Note that the margins() method is deprecated,
see http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/qprinter-qt3.html#margins for the right way
to do things now.

ktimetracker has some very old code that does printing in a very non-standard
way, much of which is now provided by QPrinter anyway.  I'd recommend
refactoring sometime.

Cheers!

John.