[Kde-pim] Classical recipient editor in KMail

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Fri Nov 16 22:46:57 GMT 2007

On Friday 16 November 2007, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Friday 16 November 2007 22:13, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > You know how people are. They don't like changes. And since a few
> > people strongly complained about the new recipient editor we didn't
> > remove the classical editor with the introduction of the new one.
>
> Still, an approach that exploits polymorphism and needs a single if()
> at the point that the editor is created would be preferable to having
> if()s scattered around all through the code base [I made that error
> in trying to create a KOrganizer-lite interface].

Back then nobody really bothered to create a common interface for the
two editors because the aim was to replace the old one with the new one
and not to provide two alternative versions. In the end, we still left
the old version in KMail because a very small group of people
complained about the new one. This was merely a hack and I'm glad we
are now finally getting rid of it thanks to Thomas.

Regards,
Ingo