[Kde-pim] language detection

Francisco Dellatorre francisco.dellatorre at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 18:41:56 GMT 2007

Hello Kevin,

On 11/4/07, Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at> wrote:

> > So if there is no code doing that already, I would like to ask where
> > should I look in order to learn how to write a plugin for whichever is
> > the spelling selection framework in KDE.
>
> There seems to be a dedicated mailinglist here [1].
>
> Some other links which might be interesting for you here [2] and here [3]

Thank you for the links. I've subscribed to the mailing list already, and
sent a request for information.

> Can I write a plugin in python or does it have to be C++? Haven't done
> > serious C++ in a long time, and I don't think that there is a KDE java
> > API...
>
> Since this is quite a central piece of KDE's infrastructure it is probably
> unavoidable to do it in C++, though the developer who has taken care of
> Sonnet since Jacob's disappearance, Zack Rusin, will surely welcome any
> help,
> especially when coming from a domain expert.

FWIW, my domain of expertise is more to the machine learning side-of-life
than than that linguistics.

> KDE user support, developer mentoring

Since your sig mentions you are a "developer mentor"...

Is there any particularly interesting resource for people wanting in start
contributing to KDE?

Cheers,
Francisco