[Kde-pim] [Job] K3Process should be replaced by QProcess

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Mon May 21 08:55:24 BST 2007

On Sunday 20 May 2007 17:02:06 Tom Albers wrote:
> Op zo 20 mei 2007 16:23 schreef u:
> > I just started working on this last night.  I hadn't volunteered
> > previously because I didn't know how long it would take me to get my
> > build environment setup.  (The alpha snapshot is gone now; I'm working
> > straight from svn.)
> >
> > This seems like a perfect little newbie job.  Thanks!  What's your time
> > frame, though?  It may take me four or five more days before I have a
> > patch together, tested, etc.  Is that acceptable?
>
> Hmffff. I ported it this morning.

Ok, then let's try again ;-)
Here are some other small jobs I came across yesterday:

kdepimlibs/mailtransport:
Add history for ad-hoc transports (manually entered urls like
smtps://me@myserver.org) to MailTransport::TransportComboBox.
KMail already does this manually in the composer, but it would of course be
nice if it would be available everywhere (ie. also in Mailody and KNode) with
the same data.

akonadi/libakonadi:
Factor out the change recording from Akonadi::ResourceBase into its own class
to make it accessible for unit tests and to not pollute the ResourceBase API.

akonadi/libakonadi:
Add throttling to the collectionStatusChanged() signal in Akonadi::Monitor,
ie. instead of emitting this signal directly, keep a list, remove duplicates
and use a timer to emit the signals every few msecs. This will improve
performance quite a lot when adding many items to a collection at once, since
now for every new item the total and unread mail count is retrieved. With
throttling the signal emission it will ideally just be a single time.

All tasks are not urgent, quite self-contained and require only basic C++/Qt
knowledge.

regards
Volker