[Kde-pim] Sending invitations to Outlook users

Jan-Pascal van Best janpascal at vanbest.org
Fri May 4 20:55:28 BST 2007

Michael S. Mikowski wrote:
> Hi Jan and Everyone:
>
> I don't run a development version of KDE, this being work and all.  But
> this patch is probably useful enough for me to give it a go. Could you
> please send me pointers on compiling and testing?  Its been at least a
> year since I've compiled KDE using Konstruct.  So while I'm not a
> complete newbie, some fresh pointers would be nice :)  I could compile
> this weekend and test next week.

Don't know about Ubuntu, but for Debian this is the easiest way:
get the source:
$ apt-get source kdepim
get the build dependencies (compilers, libraries, etc.)
$ sudo apt-get build-dep kdepim
apply the patch
$ cd kdepim-3.5.6_<whatever>
$ patch < exchange-<whatever>.diff
build the packages
$ debuild -i -us -uc
install the changed packages
$ cd ..
$ sudo dpkg -i kmail*.deb
$ sudo dpkg -i korganizer*.deb

Instead of applying the patch directly to the source tree, you can also
copy the
diff to debian/patches. Put a number at the beginning of the file name
(like the
other paches have). Since the patch will be applied with -p1, you need
to add
an extra path element to the front of the directory names:
+++ old/kmail/.....
--- new/kmail/.....

Good luck

Jan-Pascal